Application Information for
You have made it
to step two. Here is the the information that you need to send to us
via regular mail. Print this page out or take good notes. After you
finish determining what you need to send to us, you should move
on to step three - applying to the University of California.
Please send to us via regular mail or upload the following:
Materials that must be sent
by regular mail or uploaded by January 6, 2014 include:
- Two plays that you have
written that best represent your work and demonstrate your
strengths as a candidate for our MFA program. Include a one page synopsis for each play submitted and attach to the front of the manuscript. Send via regular mail or upload at https://gradapply.ucsd.edu.
- An essay of approximately four pages in length about yourself and your interest in playwriting. You should take some time in writing this as we are interested in your ideas and your ability to articulate them. Upload at https://gradapply.ucsd.edu.
- Professional resumé. Upload at https://gradapply.ucsd.edu.
- Official transcripts or official copies of academic records from all post-secondary institutions attended. Upload at https://gradapply.ucsd.edu.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation (Waiver of Access to Letters of Recommendation and Letter of Recommendation Form at https://gradapply.ucsd.edu). Preference is for online letters of recommendation. For the online letter of recommendation process, you must provide the email address of each recommender.
- Statement of purpose, on-line or form at https://gradapply.ucsd.edu
These materials should be uploaded at http://gradapply.ucsd.edu or sent to the following address:
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0344
Playwrights must take the
GRE (Graduate Record Exam). Scores should be reported directly to
the university, and should also be reported on the online
Application for Graduate Admission.
After a preliminary
screening based upon the completed application and the submitted scripts,
those applicants on the short list will be interviewed at UCSD or in
New York City. Details regarding interviews will be finalized at that
If you have questions about
the application process or about the materials required of you, please
contact Marybeth Ward at (858) 534-1046 or by e-mail
If you are ready, move on
and apply to the University of California, San Diego click below: